Inflammation of the pancreas is also commonly called pancreatitis. Its main function is to secrete digestive enzymes into the small intestine through the pancreatic duct. Those enzymes are essential in the digestion of foods you eat such as protein, carbohydrates and fats. Pancreas is also responsible in secreting insulin in the body.
The hormones secreted by the pancreas are very essential because without it, the body wonít be able to function well. The hormones are the ones maintaining the blood sugar level of the body. Without them, the deficiency of insulin may occur and diabetes may take place.
The inflammation of the pancreas or pancreatitis can be because of various reasons. The types of pancreatitis are the following:
1. Acute pancreatitis Ė may take place for a short period of time. Most of the time, alcoholism and gall stone is the common cause of acute pancreatitis. Although, this is just for a short span of time and can be easily treated, you cannot disregard it, and in the long run, it may cause liver and tissue damage. Lots of people have been noted to suffer from acute pancreatitis in the U.S today, these is because of lots of health related problems.
2. Chronic pancreatitis Ė this is a long term pancreatitis ailment. This is merely because of long health abuse and alcoholism. Most of the time, the damage done in the pancreas hasnít been detected for so many years that leads to chronic case which is hard to cure.
Patients suffering from these conditions may experience the following symptoms:
1. Loose, fatty and oily stool
2. Abdominal and shoulder pain
3. Bloat abdominal feeling
6. Jaundice skin
8. Chest pain or lower back pain
9. Discoloration in the umbilical area
10. Bleeding within the skin
For some cases, you need to seek for medical attention right away, taking non-prescription drugs for pain relieved wonít be as effective as you think. There are still a lot of tests that needs to be done before you will be able to be assessed if you are really suffering from inflammation of the pancreas. There are lots of health reasons that can lead to the inflammation of the pancreas. Most of them are related with poor diet and bad lifestyle.
If you are among those people who are abusive of your health, you should be aware because you are risking your life with the kind of health you have. Every organ in the body has a particular function. All of them play a very vital role in the life of humans.
As a significant part of humanís lives, the pancreas plays an important role. It should function well because if itís damaged, the enzymes will leak and the pancreatic juice will automatically digest itself. It will cause hemorrhage, inflammation, swelling and others which can be bad for a personís overall function. It is very important to eat the right types of food to be able to have a healthy and well organized body.