Christmas is a season of hope and peace. As the days passed by, Christmas becomes more and more fabricated. People turn out to be materialistic. Sometimes, we tend to forget the real essence of the season, which is giving more than receiving.
Christmas will never be the same if we extend our support in helping the underprivileged this Christmas season. The fact is, with the global recession and successive natural calamities affecting people in all parts of the world. There are many who cannot even afford a decent meal, how much more a celebration on holiday season.
Hereís how to get Christmas help for low income families to somehow uplifts their spirits and enjoy the holidays as well:
1. Search for charitable institutions, civic organizations in the locality. These organizations were built for the foremost reason of helping the needy. Organize a meeting with these institutions on how to help the less fortunate ones in time for the holidays.
2. Seek help from a politician to assist you with your aim in lending your hand this Christmas. The local government will be more than willing to support your passion and ideals in making other peopleís Christmas a little different.
3. Visit your local churches for financial assistance they extend on holiday season. They can also serve as a link in requesting aids from private institutions.
4. Initiate a fund raising campaign such as Christmas Caroling with your friends. The money that will be collected will surely delight your chosen community in making their Christmas special. I bet this is a different kind of feeling that you and your friends will always remember.
5. Organize a plan in seeking donations or solicitations from a non-government institutions or international companies. The contributions may be in a form of cash or in kind that will be beneficial to the less fortunate ones.
6. Suggest to your superiors a different kind of Christmas party, by slashing some of your budget to be given to certain community. Seek also support from your colleagues about this plan.
7. Use the media in sourcing out some funds. The media is one of the most influential medium in the world today. Write a letter or meet up with them to share your ideas about helping the needy on the holidays. This will ensure greater scope in disseminating information to people who want to share their blessings to others. Old clothes, toys, books, cash or in kind are enough to make somebody smile this season.
8. Lastly, ask help from your family and friends to arrange a party or gift giving activities when the funds are available. Wrap up a noche buena packs, together with old clothes and books that you have collected for them to share on Christmas Eve.
Christmas season is the time for us to be more compassionate and be selfless. There are plenty of people out there who wish they had a life as you do. And the ways on getting help are all up there, now itís time to make it happen.