Remove blackheads now!
The blackheads you see on your face will soon turn into painful and ugly acne spots. Over 80% of young adults are affected by this chronic condition. If you want to have clear, radiant & beautiful skin, you must do everything to prevent blackheads from forming in the first place.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads develop when excess oil is clogging the pores that are close to surface of the skin. If the pore is open and the oil is exposed to air and reacts with Oxygen, what you get is a dark colored blackhead. This clog occurs because the excess oil is unable to flow to the skin’s surface due to blockage by dead skin cells.
What causes blackheads?
The following conditions usually lead to blackheads:
- Excess of oil on the pores – Hormones are the leading cause of increased oil production.
- Excess of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, which blocks the openings of the pores.
- Use of skin care and beauty care products on the face that contain too much oil.
As you can see from the above, the main causes of blackheads are oily skin and blocked pores. To prevent blackheads, keep the skin as clean and oi-free as possible.
Here are some guidelines on how to prevent blackheads:
1) If you want to prevent blackheads, stop using oil-based skin care products and make-ups. These oil-based products will clog your pores, increasing the chance of developing blackheads. You should opt for gentle, natural based, oil-free and non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores) products instead. Dermalise is a good natural skin care products that you can try.
2) Apply a mask 2 times a week to absorb the excess oil and to tighten the pores.
3) Cleanse your face in the morning and evening with a gentle, oil-free cleanser to remove excess oil from the face. Blackheads are not caused by dirt, so do not use harsh, abrasive cleanser and do not scrape and scrub the skin harshly as it may damage the sensitive skin and the pores.
4) Steaming – If you want a good method of deep cleaning the pores, you should try steaming. The steam helps to open up the pores and allow you to remove dead skin cells, oils, blackheads. You can do this 2 times a week. Here’s how you do it.
Boil a pot of water. You can also add herbs such as rosemary, peppermint, lemon, or chamomile. Allow to water to cool down a bit to avoid burning your skin. Drape a towel over your head to prevent the steam from escaping and put your face directly above the steam. Do this for 10-15 minutes and then rinse your face with lukewarm water.
5) Exfoliate to get rid of dead skin cells – Excess of dead skin cells can clog the pores, leading to blackheads and acne problems. Exfoliation helps to clear away the dead skin cells and excess oil. It can be done my mechanical (using liquid scrubs or cloths) or chemical means (using salicylic or glycolic acid). Salicylic Acid is actually the most recommended exfoliation agent, since it also helps to unclog pores whose openings have already been obstructed by oil and dead cells. In this manner, your skin will be pimple-free for a longer period of time. Over-the-counter Salicylic Acid solution should be available in every pharmacy or drugstore. You can safely and easily use these at home to take care of acne flare-ups.
6) Get enough sleep and rest – Stress is unhealthy and can trigger excess oil production. Getting enough sleep and rest is the best way to control stress and give you energy. Furthermore, sleep helps to rejuvenate the body and nourish the skin cells, giving you healthier and more glowing skin.
Additionally, it is important to exercise regularly and eat a healthy, balanced diet, and drink plenty fluid, all of which improves blood circulation, fights inflammation, and nourishes the skin for a healthy, clear, and radiant skin.
The use of pore strips, metal blackhead extractors and vacuum blackhead removers – These are commercial products that can be effective to remove blackheads if used properly. If not used properly, it can irritate and injure the skin. It is best to avoid using these products.
While following the above steps can profoundly improve your skin condition and prevent blackheads, you still may not get the results you desired. If your skin condition is worse, you may need to use a proven and effective acne fighting system.