There are a multitude of health benefits of drinking ample amounts of water. Following are some of the visible benefits that you will see or feel after several weeks of drinking proper amounts of water.
1) Water is your extra weight’s worst enemy. You will find that with appropriate water consumption, your weight and extra pounds will begin to shed. Many beverages that people consume throughout the day are high in calories and high in sugar. This includes soda, juice and alcoholic beverages. Water however, has no fat, calories, sugar or carbs, and will curb your thirst much more effectively than any other beverage. Therefore, with your calorie and fat intake reduced by water replacing those high calorie beverages, you will undoubtedly notice visible weight loss within several weeks. Another benefit of drinking ample amounts of water is that water will suppress your appetite, because water naturally fills your stomach.
2) It is a scientifically proven fact that drinking ample amounts of water lowers your risk of heart attacks. Statistics reveal that individuals who drink more than five to six glasses of water a day are 40% less likely to suffer from a heart related death. You can go by just how you feel when you drink more than five glasses of water per day. You will likely feel more energetic and you will find motivation to engage in more athletic activities than before. Your body needs water, and you will like the way your body feels when you are giving it what it needs.
3) Often times when people are feeling low energy levels, they resort to energy beverages to spike their energy levels. There are a lot of health concerns relating to these sorts of beverages, because in the long run they are not only detrimental to your health, but in the short run they also dehydrate you. The natural secret to spiking your energy level is to consume ample amounts of water. Dehydration will make you feel tired, even at the slightest level. If your body is dehydrated by just 1% of your body weight, you will likely feel fatigued and muscle weakness, and if you allow your body to consistently feel dehydrated, you will likely suffer from more serious symptoms such as dizziness. It may sound cliché, but there is truth in the saying that you must listen to your body. Your body will tell you when it needs water. Listen carefully because it is very likely that your body will not say that it needs a high fructose corn syrup based beverage. Drink water, and drink plenty of it.
4) If your health has been impacted to the degree that your body is suffering consistent headaches, you will find proper water consumption to curb that symptom. Chronic headaches are a symptom of dehydration. A simple solution is to drink ample amounts of water, and your headaches will likely curb themselves. This is not the only cause for chronic headaches, so if your headaches continue to persist then you should consult a medical professional to look into other possible causes. Dehydration however, is one of the most common causes of consistent headaches.
5) There are benefits to your skin when you drink enough water as well. Many people, who went from not drinking enough water to drinking plentiful water, have reported clearer skin and a healthy glow in their face. This is not an overnight effect, but it is very likely that after a month of drinking plentiful water you will begin seeing a difference in your skin.
As you can see there are plenty of health benefits of increasing your water consumption. Not only will this increase in water consumption help you lose weight, but it will also result in better maintenance of your overall health. In the following piece you will learn a few tricks to help your mind adjust to the new habit of drinking more water.