Time consists of many events. You need to be in control of these events or as much as the event will allow you to be in control. You need to take the steps necessary in managing your time more wisely.
Here are some steps that will help you in mastering the events in your life.
1. You need to determine what your goals are in life. How can you ever achieve important goals when you cannot recognize them? Knowing the goals we have to achieve in life is very important. Ensure you make two separate lists titled “personal goals” and “professional goals”.
2. Plan the ways you need to achieve your goals. Plan your strategy on how to implement your goals in life. You will find that your plan for achieving your goals does indeed entwine.
3. Make those important decisions. You have to take control by making these important decisions. Weigh the importance of every option while prioritizing what is most important in establishing your goals.
4. Place your decisions into action. Merely making the decisions is not good enough. You must implement those decisions into action.
Time functions in a series of sequences and events. If you are in control of those events – or at least in partial control – you can foresee the steps to mastering how you manage your time.
The steps are listed as follows:
1. Determining goals/objectives
3. Making decisions
4. Implementing those decisions
5. Controlling the resulting
6. Informing and communicating with others
There are various ways to meet each one of these steps. You need to figure out what will work best for you.
Your personal priorities are those that deal with just you as an individual. Not the family, your friends or any one else of importance in your life. These might include:
What you want out of life
What time you’d like to spend on hobbies
What books you’d like to read
Whether you’d like to enhance your intellectual skills
What kind of person you’d like to fall in love with
What kind of success you’d like to have in life.
It would be a good idea to sit down in a relaxed mood and decide what all you would like to accomplish. Grand plans can be scaled down to small term goals that you can actually meet. Once you have this list its easier to implement it.
Clarifying what your business priorities are might take a bit of rational thinking. You need to keep emotions out of the list of objectives when you’re considering what will be best for your career.
You should consider that your business priorities will have to be matched up against your boss’s priorities or the company’s priorities. You could be causing major problems for yourself if your own goals and objectives are totally different from those of the people with whom you work. Remember your customers, your co-workers, and your superiors when you create a list of priorities for your business/career.
Remember that if your career priorities are meeting with frustration in the organization because they are at odds with what your superiors want you to do, it might be a good idea to think about starting out with a new company and in a different job profile. One which is more compatible to your own priorities and growth, after all its no use being stuck in a dead end job that you don’t enjoy and not having the time to do what you truly wish.
Cater for enough time to achieve what you want and also cater for the unexpected. Set specific short-term goals that will be a definitive step toward your long term, more complex goals.