Antibiotics, bad eating habits, harmful toxic metals, environmental pollution, harmful metallic content and pesticides that are consumed through the food items, fatty foods, excessive salt content and many other external factors can cause a huge increase in the amount of toxins present in the colon.
Colon cleansing involves eliminating the toxic wastes of the stomach and especially the colon and leads to a healthier life. Colon health also depends on the amount of nourishment the body provides through fibrous food. Cleansing of the colon offers a lot of benefits but does have some mild disadvantages.
An individual can undergo colon cleansing treatment for about twice a year to improve general health. Oxygen based cleansers, colon irrigations, herbal supplements, enemas and laxatives can be used for the procedure on the advice of the practitioners. Some of the popular colon cleansers available in the market include Homozon, Dual Action Cleanse, OxyPowder, and Colonix. The procedure takes about 3 – 8 weeks to complete. No dietary changes are required but it is better to avoid sugary and processed foods for best results.
Pros of Colon Cleansing
• Colon cleansing removes a lot of waste accumulated over years. These are food items neither absorbed nor expelled and has become toxic and resulted in adverse reactions on the body
• Colon cleansing makes your body more active and completely eliminates the feeling of ‘bloating’
• Natural herbal colon cleansers are available online. They are inexpensive and safe to use and do not cause any side effects. The organic materials used eliminate the abdominal pain for some people
• Psyllium husk, one of the most popular ingredients of colon cleansing method, yields best effects and is a derivative of a plant found in India
• Harmful bacteria are flushed out of the body naturally and this saves the body from contracting a lot of diseases
• Cleansing of the colon results in a loss of weight and stops the occurrences of chronic headaches, constipation and fatigue
• Autoimmune diseases, chronic fatigue syndrome, digestive disorders, diarrhoea, heart disease, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and other degenerative diseases can be treated during this procedure
• Cleansing results in better absorption of vital nutrients required by the body as the toxins are cleared
• Dehydration of the body is reduced as water that was blocked due to toxins is pumped back to the bloodstream
• Cleansing regulates the bowel movements and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria and toxic content which can become cancerous over a long period of time
Cons of Colon Cleansing
• The main disadvantage of this detoxification procedure is the scams related to selling colon cleansing systems. A little research can help an individual to avoid becoming a victim of the fake cleansing systems
• Adverse effects are possible as imbalances may be caused during the cleansing procedure if careless or improper methods are used
• It is advisable to consult an expert medical practitioner before undergoing the treatment and get an opinion about whether the cleansing would suit your body
• Eliminating the toxins also results in affecting a couple of cells and tissues and this may hamper the normal functioning