Asthma is considered as a highly irritating respiratory problem. But an asthma patient can lead a happy life with very few days or zero days of asthma symptoms. This is by bringing certain resolutions in their lifestyle. Here are some self-care strategies that help to relieve the symptoms of asthma.
Precautions to be taken to prevent the attack of asthma include:
• Avoid exposure to allergens such as pollen and dust.
• Avoid eating foods to which you are allergic. Some of the common foods to which most of them show allergic reactions include fish and yeast.
• It is advised to restrict or even avoid in worst cases fruits with high sugar content like bananas and apples; these will increase the problem of mucus secretion.
• Avoid fried foods and foods that are hard to digest.
• It is suggested to drink plenty of water. This will not only ease the digestion but also helps to reduce the formation of highly thick mucus.
• Keep your surroundings free of dust. Do not forget to cover your mouth and nose while cleaning. If you are allergic to dust, you will have to face an asthma attack every time you clean the house. It is recommended to use vacuum cleaner to dust your house rather than sweeping with a broom.
• Keep the air-conditioner filters free of dust.
• Never use perfumes, cleaning sprays, or air fresheners as the mist from these sprays poses serious risk of bronchial asthma.
• Keep yourself away from smoking.
• Regular use of ginger as a part of diet will reduce the chance of allergic infections.
• Never neglect the symptoms of asthma. Take immediate care. You can consider use of certain simple home remedies like chewing basil leaves, pepper or having a spoon of lemon juice mixed with honey in the morning will help to throw your asthma symptoms far away from you.
• Have an inhaler ready with you to take care of emergency conditions.
• It is suggested to lead an active lifestyle with regular physical activity for a limited period of time. Make sure that you are not too tired. In some people fatigue is one reason for asthma. Rather than performing body building workouts, prefer breathing exercises. They will help to fill the lungs with fresh air and exhale all the air out of the lungs. This will help to eliminate a great degree of toxic elements from the body.
• Consider fasting at least once in a week. This will give the body an opportunity to burn that extra fat and clean the body of wastes. This will be highly helpful for asthma patients who are obese to gain control over their weight.
• Prefer the use of herbal medicines if you are highly sensitive to drugs. Herbal medicines have zero or very low side effects and are highly safe.
Thus, by putting the above suggestions or precautions into practice, you will surely forget that you are an asthma patient in no time and can lead a normal life without carrying those inhalers all the time with you.