Do you suffer from acne? There is no need to try out all possible chemical concoctions available in the market to get rid of acne. A few simple home remedies will go a long way in helping you deal with acne.
Listed below are some good home remedies for acne. They are also tried and tested of course.
• Apply a paste of nutmeg and milk over the acne affected region. Leave it on for 1 or 2 hours.
• Combine honey with cinnamon to get a great cure for pimples.
• Make a pack of blackberry, raspberry and strawberry leaves boiled in water and apply on your skin.
• Take the remains from used tea bags and mix with basil leaves and apply over acne affected regions.
• Mix gram flour with milk to get a paste that works wonders for acne.
• Simply make a paste of ripe tomatoes and apply over the acne affected areas.
• Make an orange face pack by drying orange peels, powder them and mix with water to get a smooth paste.
• Garlic has antibacterial properties. Rub a clove of fresh garlic over pimples and watch them disappear.
• Soak fenugreek or lettuce leaves in water overnight and wash your face using the water next morning.
• Witch hazel and tea tree oil are also good remedies for acne.
• A mixture of lime juice and rose water can be applied over pimples to reduce acne.
• Buy fresh mint leaves and grind to extract the juice. This juice can be applied over the acne affected region.
• Turmeric is also an effective anti-bacterial. Mix turmeric with any of the above remedies to enhance their efficacy.
• If you have aloe vera in your garden, you have a good treatment for acne right there in your backyard or garden. Apply aloe vera gel over your face for fresh and blemish free skin.
• A mixture of yoghurt and oatmeal can be used as scrub for your face.
• A paste made of sandalwood and rosewater makes a great face pack for acne.
• You can use pomegranate to treat acne. Dry and powder the skin of pomegranate to make a paste with rose water or lime juice or mint juice and apply over your face.
• A paste made of neem leaves in combination with lime juice, mint juice or rose water is effective against acne.
• You may find it hard to believe but something you use daily can be a good cure for acne. Yes, toothpaste is believed to be effective in treating acne.
• Calamine lotion or milk of magnesia can be dabbed onto cotton balls and applied over acne prone regions.
• Steep basil leaves in hot water and after cooling; use the water to wash your face.
• A face pack made using egg white, honey and lemon juice can be applied on your face to combat acne.
• A mixture of lemon juice and cucumber juice is effective in treating acne.
• Wash your face with an antibacterial face wash and apply virgin olive oil and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then rinse away the oil and pat dry your skin.
If you have very severe acne, you can combine medications prescribed by your doctor in combination with a home remedy that suits you. Remember, home remedies which are effective for one person need not necessarily be effective for someone else. Choosing a good home remedy for your skin is a matter of trial and error.