Kids love asking questions and keep, talking about their surroundings. If they don’t have anything to talk about, then they would just keep repeating the rhymes or telling stories or counting numbers. If you have a talkative child and find it difficult to manage your child, then here are a few tips that can help you in parenting your talkative kid.
• The first thing that you should understand is that you should never discourage your talkative kid. This is because they show interest in talking and are sharing their feelings with you. Most of the times you would have noticed that when you are busy doing something they would approach you with a question or a topic. This is usually done to gain your attention in their special way.
• With your talkative kid, it is important that you keep listening carefully and give in your ideas in between. It is only when you listen carefully; you would be able to help your kid understand what is right and what is wrong.
• Understand that your kid has a lesser grasping and when you explain to your talkative kid on when to keep silent and when to speak it can take time for them to understand. You should not lose your patience with them.
• If you want to help your kid learn how to be silent, then you can take your kid to a library nearby for an hour and ask them to be silent while in the library. Taking your kid daily for an hour to the place would help you in making your child learn how to be quite.
• You can also have a silence hour in your house, start this by asking everyone in the house to remain silent for 15 minutes and the gradually increase the time. This will teach your kid how to be quiet. However, make sure that you also listen to your kids when they are talking.
• Talkative kids are usually full of energy and if you channel their energy in the right direction then this would help them learn something new. Ask your kid to do some art and craft work; give them some tasks that would help them develop new hobbies and interests.
• If your kid is 3-4 years old, then develop reading skills in them. It is seen that talkative kids build their own stories, and this would mean that they would love to read anything that is new. So, it is advisable that you help them develop the hobby of reading.
Parenting talkative kids on one hand can be difficult as you are occupied the whole time listening to them, and most of the times they would interrupt you in what you are saying. But, if you know how to handle your kid in the right manner it can be fun for you. The basic point that you should understand is not to lose patience. If you stop your kid from saying something, then it is quite a possibility that they might block themselves from you. So, understand the psychology of your kid and act accordingly.