The feeling of gas in your stomach is so uncomfortable that it would make you cringe each time that you have it. It is important to learn some basic home remedies for it, so you would know how to deal with it.
• Always chew your food properly and avoid eating in a hurry. Food takes time to be digested.
• Eat some crackers to calm down your stomach before taking a big meal.
• If you already have gas in your stomach, you can try some garlic soup which can reduce gas and helps in proper digestion. Just grind some garlic and boil in water together with some black pepper and cumin.
• One of the most effective remedies for gas in stomach is by slowly drinking very cold milk to allow it to slowly take its soothing effects to the stomach.
• You can also chew on some mint leaves to get quick relief from gas, or if you want to drink it, boil the mint leaves in the water to make it into a mint tea.
• Ginger has long been a good herbal remedy and you can just boil some grinded ginger and boil in water to make ginger tea.
• The bergpuma seeds help reduce gas in the stomach by boiling in water and drinking it as tea, or you can just chew them.
• You can also use cinnamon by using some and stirring about ½ teaspoon of it in boiled water to make cinnamon tea, it will soothe your stomach.
• Make caraway seed tea by using 1 teaspoon of the seeds and placed in a cup with hot water. Cover the cup and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Drain the seeds from the liquid and drink the liquid before eating your meals. Do this 3 times a day for a better effect.
• Asafetida, an ingredient used in cooking is effective remedy against gas. Just add a pinch of asafetida to your meals.
• Eating banana also helps for better digestion of food to lessen gas in the stomach.
• After eating a full meal and you feel some gas, you can drink soda pop to help you burp and reduce gas.
• If you need some medication for stomach gas, check with your doctor. Take some low dosed antacid for quick relief. But remember not to be too dependent on medicine for too long, since this could be bad for your health.
Since gas in stomach commonly begins with what you eat, it is best to start with a healthy diet. Eat fresh fruits. Eat vegetables but eat less of cabbage, bean sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower since eating too much of these can cause gas in the stomach. The key here is to eat in moderation to get the proper nutrients and sustain a healthy stomach. Try to avoid foods with too much fats and oils. Choose to eat smaller meals instead of eating one big meal to help your stomach digest food easily.
Don’t forget to exercise since this would help in overall good health. Try to avoid stress and anxiety since these are also causes of gas in stomach.