Hangover is most common in alcoholics who drink excess without paying attention to what their body is saying. When the body says it is enough, you should stop. Hangover results in a range of symptoms such as vomiting, headache, fever, dizziness, nausea and easily feeling irritant to noise and light. Hangover generally disappears after a period of eight to twenty four hours. The period for which a person may have hangover depends on the age, health condition, body weight and gender.
Hangover can be overcome with simple remedies. Here are some of the natural ways to ease your hangover.
• Drink plenty of fluids. As vomiting that accompanies hangover results in dehydration, it is essential to drink plenty of fluids to rehydrate the body.
• Alcohol depletes the body sugar levels, and for this reason your body will automatically start feeling week and tired. Intake of sugar rich foods such as fruits or intake of water mixed with glucose helps to rejuvenate the body of lost glucose. However, if you are a diabetic patient, be cautious while consuming sugar rich foods. Fruits contain high amount of fructose that has the ability to burn alcohol at a faster rate, and thus helps to give you quick relief from hangover. They even serve as sources of vitamins and minerals and hence, help to get rid of electrolyte imbalance.
• Vomiting results in loss of potassium. Thus, it is recommended to consume potassium rich foods such as bananas to bring the electrolyte balance within the body to the normal limits.
• To clear the digestive disorders that accompany hangover consume fennel tea.
• Mint leaves that are generally chewed to have a fresh breath also help to sooth the stomach and thus, relieve indigestion.
• To relieve weakness, try certain simple yoga postures and rubbing your feet also helps to provide relief from hangover.
• It is found that having a bacon sandwich after drinking will help you to recover from hangover.
• Try to concentrate yourself in a work you love the most. If you love to watch a movie or play games, go for it. Do not forcibly involve yourself in a work; it may end up with disastrous results.
• Hangover is caused due to increased toxin levels within the body. Hence, any measure that promotes the detoxification process helps to relieve hangover. It is well-known fact that consumption of a glass of orange juice early in the morning promotes the detoxification process. Hence, to obtain relief from hangover have an orange juice. Ginger ale is also found to give similar results.
Most of alcoholics take over the counter drug such as Tylenol and aspirin to get rid of headache. These medications should not be taken as they cause damage to the stomach lining and the liver. Try the above natural remedies; you will definitely obtain relief from hangover which automatically clears headache.
If you wish to prevent from becoming a victim of hangover, reduce alcohol consumption or consume fatty foods just before having an alcohol to reduce the effect of alcohol on the stomach. Milk is also considered to give effective results to relieve you from a hangover.