Prom night is one of the most special occasions in the life of teens. Everyone looks forward to this special event which happens once in a lifetime. When it’s your turn to experience a prom, you should look your best. There are lots of things to check before that special day starts, you need to make a checklist of the things you need beforehand so you can be sure you’ll have a special night with your friends. Here are some of the things you should mind before the prom:
1. Be sure you spend a day before the event in the salon. Experimenting on your hairstyle and make up can be daunting if you are in a hurry, to avoid this dilemma, you need to spend a day before the event. This can ensure you that you will look at your best.
2. Wear a buttoned shirt or a robe will do, this will help you dress easier right after the makeup session.
3. Don’t wash your hair when you are about to go to a salon, hairstyling can be done easily when your hair is dry.
4. Tanned skin looks great in a photo shoot, make sure it’s not your first time because, if it’s your first time, you need to do it 4-6 weeks before the event to avoid unwanted burned look in a photo.
5. For guys, you should go for a haircut before the prom night; this will make you look cleaner.
6. Play with pastel colors around your eyes to make it look brighter and glowing.
7. If you are planning to wear strapless clothes, you can use shimmering dust on your cheeks and shoulders.
8. Wearing a pink vest can help you look cute with a black dress inside.
9. Use a sheer lipstick to enhance your lips.
10. You can add a tiara if you want, this will help you look like a princess.
11. Be yourself and nothing will go wrong.
Looking good and fabulous on a special prom night is not as hard as you think. You just have to work on the things you want ahead of time to make sure you still have enough time to change. Overdoing everything won’t help you; it will just make you look disgusting on this special event. Being yourself will help you enjoy a night like this. Though you’ve prepared so much for this special occasion, you cannot avoid mishaps and disasters, check out the following:
• Choosing shoes that don’t suit you.
• Having a complicated and heavily styled hairstyle.
• Choosing uncomfortable clothes.
• Having a hairstylist for the first time.
• Trying something new and tricky like using false eyelashes for the first time.
When you want to experiment on your looks, you should do it ahead of time, like days before the event; this will save you from having a disastrous night. Always remember to keep your composure to avoid embarrassment.