Thrush is a yeast infection affecting two different areas of the body. One type is the oral thrush that affects the mouth region and the other is the vaginal thrush which affects the vaginal region of women. Though not a very serious disease, it is highly uncomfortable. Thrush generally develops when the natural bacteria of these two regions decrease or when the immune system weakens or due to other major illnesses. Negligence to treat oral thrush may lead to infection of the throat. It is very easy to identify and can be easily treated with simple natural remedies if you do not like to visit a physician.
• When you doubt that you have thrush wash the area thoroughly with plain water.
• Melaleuca oil is a perfect remedy for thrush and is available easily in all stores that sell herbs.
• Aloe vera gel also provides relief from thrush.
• Application of yogurt to the affected region helps to overcome irritation and also prevents inflammation.
• Probiotics that promote the growth of natural inhabitants help to cure thrush.
• If a new born is affected with thrush and it is passing to your nipples, then the best remedy to cure your baby’s thrush is to mix one teaspoon of baking soda in eight ounces of water. Application of this solution to the cheeks, gums and tongue of the baby gives relief from thrush. To obtain relief from the thrush that is affecting your nipples, apply a solution made by mixing one teaspoon of vinegar in one cup of water.
• Plantain seeds are used as a remedy for thrush. Soak plantain seeds overnight. The gel like substance so formed is applied over the affected area.
• Calendula tincture helps to cure thrush.
• Powder of Acidophilus tablets when rubbed over the thrush affected area gives relief.
• Gargling of diluted tea tree oil cures thrush. Dilute tea tree oil with coconut oil.
• Consumption of three cloves of garlic daily helps to cure thrush. Garlic will not only prevents yeast infections but also results in the death of certain harmful bacteria.
• Oregano oil with anti fungal and anti bacterial effects give relief from the thrush.
• Coconut oil with caprylic acid serves as an antifungal agent and cures thrush.
• Apple cider vinegar with antifungal properties can be used for thrush.
• Clove oil which serves as an excellent remedy for toothache can be used to obtain relief from thrush.
Some of these above natural remedies are only for topical application and should not be taken internally. If you are suffering from vaginal thrush, avoid using latex condoms and synthetic undergarments. Avoid using spermicidal creams. Anemia increases the risk of developing thrush. Hence, it is recommended to consume a well balanced diet which is rich in iron and all other nutrients.
If the above remedies do not start to show any improvement, it is recommended to consult a physician immediately. If you are becoming a victim of thrush repeatedly like thrice in a year then it is essential that you visit a physician to know about the preventive measures.