Everyone wishes to have a perfect smile with white sparkling teeth. But, visiting a dentist always to have a teeth whitening done can be very expensive. However, there are a number of affordable alternatives that you can try out in the form of home remedies. Here are some of the best home remedies for whitening teeth.
• Lemon juice works as a good teeth whitener because of the presence of citric acid. The acid cleans the enamel. You can apply liquid bleach on your teeth and then brush them with lemon juice. You can alternatively rub the inner rind of the lemon on your teeth. Lemons are mild bleach and can help you in whitening your teeth. The results take time to appear but you will definitely see a change in the color of your teeth.
• Similar to the lemon peel remedy, you can also make use of orange. Rub the peels gently and carefully all over the teeth. If you wish to increase the effect, then you can also add normal table salt and rub it along with the peels.
• Apple cider vinegar and white vinegar both have acetic acid. If you brush your teeth with little vinegar everyday then the acid can help you remove the stains from your teeth and will make your teeth appear whiter.
• You can also make use of a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide acts as a bleaching agent and the baking soda consists of granules that have abrasive properties. A combination of these two serves as an effective teeth whitener. You can also make use of hydrogen peroxide alone by brushing your teeth everyday with the powder.
• Rubbing a paste made out of table salt and water is also useful to help you whiten your teeth. You can also use the lemon juice instead of water to make the paste. The abrasive action of the salt and the beaching agent lemon is found to be very effective as a natural whitener for the teeth. Though there are no side effects of using this remedy, but there are some people who are allergic to table salt might complain of swollen and bleeding gums. If you face any such problem then don’t use this remedy.
• Make a powder of dried orange peels and dried bay leaves and rub it over your teeth by dampening them with some water. This will not only help you whiten your teeth but will also keep your teeth away from any dental problems.
• The bark of walnut tree is found to be another effective remedy for whitening of the teeth. Rubbing the bark on your teeth would remove the yellow layer on the teeth and it does not have any side effects.
• Strawberries are also an effective remedy to make your teeth white. Rubbing the strawberries on your teeth is an effective remedy for removing the stains and to whiten the teeth.
These home remedies for whitening teeth are effective and free of any side effects; however, they take a long time to show their action.
Last Updated on