Intestinal parasites can either caused by protozoa or helminths. Protozoa are single-celled life forms that can multiply when inside the body. Helminths are worms, which are incapable of multiplying in the human body, and hence with proper treatment you can cleanse your body with these parasites. The common helminths that affect the human body are roundworms and tapeworms. Some of the symptoms that show up when you are affected by human parasites include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bloating or gas
- Weight loss
- Tenderness in the stomach or stomach pain
- Feeling of fatigue and weakness
- Passing of worms in the stools
There are a number of natural remedies for intestinal parasites and you can sue them from preventing the body getting affected by these parasites. Some of the herbs and supplements that can help you preventing parasites include:
• Garlic: This is found to be good for roundworms, plasmodium, leishmania, and the like. You can either have garlic as a whole clove or you can also opt for garlic capsules that are available in the market.
• Goldenseal: This herb has been used since ages for treating infections affecting the mucus membrane of the body. Studies have shown that the herb contains a component berberine, which is found to be effective against parasites.
• Black walnut: The juice of black walnuts has been used for treating parasite and fungal infections and can be used for avoiding intestinal parasite infection.
• Wormwood: This herb has been used as herbal remedy for intestinal parasite since historic ages. You can find special herbal teas that contain wormwood or you can also get it in the form of capsules and tablets.
• Wormseed: This is another herb that is proven to be effective against intestinal parasites.
• Pumpkin seeds: These have always been used as remedy for roundworms and tapeworms.
• Extract of grapefruit seed: This can be easily availed from health stores in liquid form and have antimicrobial properties and are also found to be effective against intestinal parasites.
As to avoid intestinal parasite infections, it is important that you have a diet that is rich in beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is the precursor for vitamin A and this prevents the larvae of the parasites from penetration. Have lots of carrots and sweet potato that can provide you with ample vitamin A. Also, include raw garlic in your food. Having pineapple is also a good move to help prevent intestinal parasite infections. Papaya seeds help in the digestion of proteins, and hence can be effective in avoiding intestinal parasites, but these seeds are hot as mustard, so have them limitedly.
Going on a high-fiber diet for a week in every two months can keep your intestine clean and prevent it from any intestinal parasite infection. Have high-fiber dietary supplements like husk and psyllium seeds, which help you cleanse your digestive tract. Keeping your system clean and having the right food which has been washed and cooked hygienically, can help you avoid intestinal parasites.
Intestinal cleansing involves the use of a higher-fiber diet plus supplements such as psyllium husks, citrus pectin, papaya extract, bentonite clay, activated charcoal, pumpkin seeds, beet root, and/or flaxseeds. Although there is no clinical research showing that it can help to eliminate intestinal parasites, it is a popular alternative approach. To learn more about detox and cleansing, check some articles about detox and cleansing.
Other Natural Remedies
- Olive leaf
- Oregon grape
Last Updated on