The urinary tract infection (UTI) is caused by bacteria and results to severe pain and discomfort. However, there are natural ways to cure this infection and this is effectively done by using herbal remedies.
• Cranberry is recommended to be taken daily. You can drink the pure juice extract or take the tablet form. It kills bacteria effectively.
• Uva-ursi or bearberry is good for cleaning the urinary tract. It can get rid of bacteria in the urinary tract and helps facilitate easy urination.
• Parsley is good to prevent UTI. It helps keep the bladder free from wastes and toxins.
• Dandelion roots help soothe the urinary tract. It can be taken as tea by boiling the roots. It is a good diuretic herb.
• Echinacea is a kind of herb that prevents bladder infections and is a good natural tonic for the internal organs of the body.
• Alfalfa helps kidney to get rid of the toxins and increases urine flow.
• Horsetail has stringent diuretic properties that helps increase urine flow and prevents bleeding of the urinary tract.
• Buchu is a kind of herb that has antiseptic properties and has soothing effects to the bladder and helps increase urine flow.
• Golden seal roots prevent bacteria from sticking to the bladder walls.
• Marshmallow (Althea Officinalis) has diuretic properties and helps get rid of bacteria.
• Cleavers (Gallium Aparine) has the same diuretic properties of Marshmallow.
• Mullein helps reduce inflammation of the bladder.
• Lemon Balm helps in boosting the immune system of the internal functions of the body.
• Green Oats has the same properties similar to Lemon Balm.
• Horse radish roots have antibiotic substances similar to Vitamin C.
There are also practical ways to prevent UTI. Remember to drink plenty of water to help the bladder flush out wastes and toxins within its system. If you already have an infection, drink 2 cups of water every two hours to help increase urine flow.
Avoid eating too many sweets and sugar because these help increase the bacteria within your system. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables to keep help the urinary tract flush out excess wastes.
Add Vitamin C to your diet to strengthen your immune system. It helps fight off bacteria. It increases urine flow because Vitamin C helps the immune system from anti-bacteria substances that make urine more acidic to kill bacterial infections.
There are also commercially known medicines for UTI. These are usually prescribed by the doctor or bought over the counter in some instances. For severe cases of UTI, it would be wise to seek proper medical attention. If there is blood in the urine, it would be better to consult a doctor and get a urinalysis test for further medical treatment.