The size of our skin pores depends on three important factors – age, skin type and genetics. As we age, the pores naturally become larger. The skin type like having oily skin means having larger skin pores compared to having a dry skin. As for genetics, we inherit our physical traits from the family line that may have large pore. However, skin care is vital to lessen large pores and there are easy remedies to follow to do just that.
• Remember to drink plenty of water to flush out toxins and keep the skin hydrated.
• Remove all makeup before going to sleep. Clean face with water and mild soap. Let your skin breath freely.
• Try mashed papaya to tone down pores. Leave on for about five minutes then wash off with lukewarm water. Do this at least once a week.
• Use tomato juice on your pores. Dip a cotton ball into some tomato juice and apply all over face. Leave on for about 20 minutes. Use this also combined with calamine powder to tone skin and reduce skin pores.
• Try whipped egg yolk with a few drops of lemon and apply on the face to reduce pore size.
• Use honey combined with little sugar and some lemon juice and massage on face and leave on for about 5 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water. You can also combine honey with some milk powder as a facemask. Both treatments help tone down pores.
• Make a homemade face toner made of salt combined with butter. Use a cotton ball to apply on face.
• Combine some oatmeal and flour and add some lemon juice to make a facial pack. Leave on to dry for about 5-10 minutes, then wash and rinse off with lukewarm water.
• Ice is also effective in reducing pores. Rub an ice cube on your face regularly to reduce the large pores.
Try to maintain a good skin cleansing regimen. You can use gentle exfoliations on your skin. Make use of a cleansing cream with micro beads that exfoliate the skin. Then, follow up with a facial toner to keep skin clean. You can also make use of other skin care products such as mud masks, cleansers, toners and other exfoliators that are available commercially. You only have to be careful in choosing these products that are good for your skin type.
There is a beauty technique known as microdermabrasion which helps reduce enlarged pores. This is a deeper kind of exfoliating the skin. This uses a strong facial scrub that is applied on the face using circular motions. This technique is usually done in beauty salons and beauty spas. However, there are also microdermabrasion kits available for homemade use.
For some quick fix on your large pores, use good makeup on your face. Try some translucent powder that matches your skin tone. Make use of mineral makeup which also gives your face a clear and flawless look.
Last Updated on