Oral odor is commonly known as bad breath. It can also be called as halitosis, its medical term. Other terms for bad breath are fetor oris or fetor ex ore. Looking good is not enough. Having a fresh breath is also important. Having bad breath can ruin your effort to look really good. It does affect our lives, our lifestyle. This can affect personally and socially which will lead of having poor self esteem or having no confidence. Bad breath is a common situation that can be encountered by anyone. No one is an exceptional whether you’re a man or you’re a woman. Even young ones can have bad odor. Anybody can encounter this kind of problem if you don’t have the proper hygiene.
What Is Bad Breath?
Bad breath pertains to an unpleasant smell or odors that are coming from your mouth. It’s actually the air you exhaled and this smell can be from your oral and it can become more serious. There are lots of reasons of having bad breath. Here are the lists of some reasons:
• The food we eat can affect bad breath. If we eat foods are have strong odors, it’s advisable to gargle mouthwash or do brushing or flossing. That’s why we should always carry with us toothbrush or mouthwash so that we’re always prepared. According to research, here are some lists of foods that can affect bad breath:
1. Garlic and Onions
3. Meat and Fish
4. Milk and Cheese
6. Citrus Juices
• Not having a proper oral hygiene can also cause bad breath. It’s a must to brush our teeth at least twice a day. In order to remove some food residue between our teeth, we need floss.
• Smoking can also be another reason of bad breath. Smoking can cause some stains on the teeth. It can also irritate the gums of one person.
• Some diseases or illnesses such as pneumonia or bronchitis, chronic sinus infections, postnasal drip, diabetes, chronic acid reflux, and liver or kidney problems can also be a cause of bad breath.
• The medical condition xerostomia, commonly known as dry mouth is another cause.