Abdominoplasty is the procedure of removing fat in lower abdominal region. In addition to removing the abdominal fat, the abdominal muscles are tightened. As a result, the belly will not fall out even by bending or sitting. It is essential to consult your physician to know if you are a right candidate for abdominoplasty. The physician will assess your medical records to find out if you can undergo the surgery. Before undergoing the surgery, it is essential to follow certain precautionary measures suggested by your physician. Some of the measures include taking plenty of rest, good nutritious diet to strengthen the immune system and to aid in faster healing after the surgery and it is also essential to drink of plenty of water. All these measures have to be definitely followed few weeks before the surgery.
The cost of having the surgery may range from three thousand dollars to ten thousand dollars. In some cases, they may be even more additional charges. Hence, it is essential to consult with your insurance company to know if they offer coverage for abdominoplasty. There are many benefits associated with abdominoplasty. This is the reason why a great number of people prefer to undergo the procedure.
The following are some of the benefits associated with abdominoplasty:
• Obesity for many years results in sagging of the skin. As obesity cripples your routine activities, you may suddenly make a decision to get rid of all the excess fat. Sudden loss of all the fat results in skin wrinkles and even the muscles remain relaxed even after losing fat. Both these side effects of weight reduction can be overcome by abdominoplasty.
• Pregnancy results in stretch marks in a great number of women. This can be easily overcome with the help of tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. Stretch marks that exist in between the belly button and pubic hair get eliminated during the process of abdominoplasty.
• Aging may also result in sagging of the skin. You can start to look younger by undergoing abdominoplasty that tightens the loose abdominal skin.
• A benefit loved by many people who have undergone tummy tuck is the ability to fit in any dress. You can use tights you love the most and still have your tummy unnoticed.
• Having a bulged stomach and saggy abdomen makes you look older than you actually are. By having abdominoplasty you can regain that lost beautiful appearance.
• Lack of heavy lower abdomen, helps you to lead an active lifestyle. You can easily walk or run long distance without any stress.
• A heavy tummy is one reason for back pain in many people. With abdominoplasty, it is possible to reduce the back pain.
Many people consider abdominoplasty and liposuction as similar procedures. But, they are entirely different procedures. With liposuction it is possible only to get rid of the excess fat. But, it is not possible to tighten the abdominal muscles as in abdominoplasty.
Lastly, though abdominoplasty is a safe procedure, some people develop complications such as formation of blood clots, infections and slower healing process. Another side effect of this is having a permanent scar after surgery.