A diary is not only for recording good and bad memories that have happened to you during the course of the day. Diaries can also be very helpful in maintaining a food diet. It can help you to stick with your plan. In your diary, you can write all your diet plans, foods to avoid and exercise routines. All of this information that you can write in your diary will help you get on track.
• Purchase a small notebook that you can use as your diary. It is better if you have a separate diary that is only dedicated for your dieting process. Write phrases or a short sentence stating your main reason for this journey. It is important to be honest in stating your main reason. End the statement or the paragraph with a positive statement that will serve as your ultimate guide in losing weight.
• Create an introductory page with your personal goals. It is important to set goals that are attainable and realistic. If you want to lose 100 lbs., you have to acknowledge the needs for patience and determination in order to fulfill your goal. Keep in mind that personal success in everything that you do, cannot be built in just one day.
• At the end of the day, you need to write down all your daily habits. Daily habits means, all the activities that you are doing every day. If you are a working mom, you can list down all the activities regarding your work and your family.
• After listing your daily habits, the next thing to do is to highlight these habits. At the end of the week, you can create a pattern of your daily habits and make an adjustment to be able to achieve your goals.
• It is important to establish a daily routine for your exercise. After adjusting your daily activities you can now determine the exact time of the day when you are available for exercise. To help you achieve your goal of having exercises daily, you may consider having a daily log in. By doing this, you can easily monitor your progress as well. You can also monitor if your objectives are being met. Observe which day between the entire weeks have fewer activities to do, then add more walking during that day.
• You can also write a food journal. In the food journal, you have to write all the foods that you have eaten within the day. If you can actually see what you are eating, you can quickly modify your diet to attain your goal. It should include all the foods and beverages that you eat together with their nutritional values.
• Find a friend that you can rely on to help you achieve your goals. Ask this friend to monitor your progress by calling you every week and asking about your progress. You can also celebrate little achievements together with this friend to encourage you to achieve more.
A daily diary is not only for sad and funny things about your life, it can also help you achieve your goals for the betterment of your life.