These days, there seems to be an abundance of weight loss tips, techniques and pills that over promise and under deliver. Even surgery techniques are not as effective as doctors and other professionals would have you believe; many people who have had gastric bypass surgery gain their weight back within a few years. So is there a magic solution to weight loss? Perhaps not, but there are natural remedies that you can try before going the extreme route of pills and surgery.
Lemon juice is one of these natural remedies. It is very effective as a weight loss aid because of its acidic nature. Acid helps the digestive system and helps speed up your metabolism. It is also high in vitamin C which helps your immune system fight illness and infection.
How to Incorporate Lemons and Lemon Juice Into Your Diet
• Add half a lemon to your water bottle. The same piece of lemon can be used for your entire daily water requirement.
• Add lemon or lemon juice to your herbal tea. Have one or two cups each day.
• Lemon makes a great flavouring for soups, stews and stir frys.
• Include lemon peels in your recipes, as the peel contains pectin which can make you feel full longer.
• Drink a warm glass of water with lemon juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This will get your digestive system working.
• Make up a pitcher of lemonade to drink throughout the day; just watch the sugar content or you will defeat the purpose. Either drink it without sugar or find a natural substitute like Stevia.
• Look for recipes online or pull out those dusty cookbooks for ways you can include lemons and lemon juice in your cooking.
• If you really don’t like the taste of lemon, look for supplements at your local health food store; just know that they are not as effective as the real thing.
More Lemon Tips
Adding lemons and lemon juice to your water and food will soon become second nature if you make a daily habit of it. Of course, just drinking lemon water will not produce the results you want without incorporating other weight loss methods as well. You will still need to exercise and eat more fruits and vegetables. You should cut down on your sugar intake and increase your fibre intake.
Drink your lemon water before you work out. It will speed up your metabolism and have you burning fat well after your workout is finished. You may also find that you are lasting longer through your workouts without that tired feeling.
Other Weight Loss Tips
Even though lemon juice will rev up your metabolism and do great things for your digestive system, weight loss still takes time. Society today has become very impatient and people want to see results right away. This is probably one reason why surgery is becoming so popular: go to sleep fat, wake up thinner. This just isn’t going to happen when you incorporate healthy eating and lemon juice into your healthy lifestyle. One or two pounds per week are about the average weight loss rate; you can lose more depending on how much you exercise and whether or not you incorporate strength training into your workout. Strength training builds muscle, which is great for fat burning.
If your budget allows, it is best to choose organic lemons from the grocery store or even better, from your local farmers market. Depending on what climate you live in, you may even want to grow your own. There is no greater feeling than going out in your back yard and picking your own food. It is healthy for you and for mother earth.
Getting healthy and fit should be everyone’s goal, even if you don’t have a lot of weight to lose. Incorporating lemon juice into your daily habits can help you along the way. You will keep your body strong while also getting rid of toxins and chemicals that build up from our daily lives. When our body is rid of toxins, it will perform better, faster, and be free of illness and disease like cancer, osteoporosis, stress, diabetes and a host of other ailments.
its really going 2 prove helpful for me to loose my weight… thanks for providing such easy and helpful tips…
These are really easy & effective tips. And I have even lost my belly weight which I wanted. Along with practicing these tips I have been exercising yoga. So results are very effective. Thank you for these tips. 🙂
Well written article.