Your newborn is so delicate and so is her skin. That is why cotton is the best fabric for your newborn’s skin. This is why doctors recommend using cotton baby receiving blankets and cotton clothing for babies. Here are a few reasons why you ought to use only cotton fabrics for your baby:
• Cotton is a natural, 100% organic fabric.
• Cotton clothes are soft and do not rub harshly against baby’s soft skin.
• Cotton fabrics permit better aeration and will keep your baby cool. The nature of cotton permits it to absorb and remove body’s moisture easily.
• Since it is a natural fabric, cotton is non allergenic. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about baby breaking out in rashes or eczema.
• Cotton is perfect for babies who suffer from asthma because unlike other materials, it does not release small particulate matter that can trigger an attack.
• Cotton is durable and easy to use.
• You can wash and dry cotton fabrics easily. They can be tumble dried or hung up to dry.
• It is easier to clean cotton fabrics than other kinds of fabrics. They release dirt and grime easily, so there is no need to use harsh soaps and chemicals to get rid of stains and dirt on cotton fabrics. A mild baby detergent and some warm water will be sufficient for washing cotton clothes.
• Unlike synthetic material, cotton clothes and blankets can be washed in hot water. The fabric can endure high temperatures without affecting its quality or durability. Therefore, cotton fabrics can be sterilized making it perfect for your newborn.
• Synthetic products are often treated with plenty of chemicals to give them a good finish. These chemicals can cause rashes on our newborn baby’s skin. Cotton on the other hand is not subjected to such finishing treatments. This makes it perfect for your newborn’s use.
• It is a good idea to use organic cotton clothes for your baby. Organic cotton is made using natural fertilizers and absolutely no chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Therefore, this kind of cotton is the best for your baby.
• Plastic diapers make babies feel hot and uncomfortable. They are a hazard for the environment too. They cannot be degraded easily. Use diapers made of cotton instead. Cotton clothes absorb plenty of moisture before causing dampness. Cotton diapers will keep your baby dry, cool and comfortable.
• In addition to the benefits it offers your baby, cotton is great for the environment too. It is 100% natural and therefore biodegradable too.
By now you must be convinced of the benefits cotton has to offer. So, use cotton receiving blankets, cotton clothes and diapers for your tiny new born baby. Your baby will be comfortable and happy and so will you.
Last Updated on