Hemorrhoid refers to an enlarged vein that surrounds the anus or the rectum. They result in severe pain. Long hours of sitting, child birth, and sitting on the toilet seat for more time are provocative factors for hemorrhoids. The person feels painful to defecate. In worst cases they may also result in bleeding. But, you can still easily shrink the hemorrhoids and ease yourself of the throbbing pain. The following are some simple ways to shrink hemorrhoids.
• Any measure that cuts down the supply of blood to the affected area results in shrinkage of hemorrhoids. One such effective and simple measure is to place ice at the affected region. Remember that ice should not be placed continuously for more than twenty minutes. However, you can place the ice twice or thrice a day. This works well and you will soon see the results.
• Rubbing the region with a toilet paper makes the condition worse. Hence, it is recommended to avoid using tissue paper. Instead, you can wash the area with lukewarm water that aids in shrinking of hemorrhoids. You can even use moist tissue papers. But, never try the dry toilet paper. It is highly recommended to avoid using soaps or any chemicals to wash the area. It worsens the situation. After every wash, dry the area.
• Apple cider vinegar is found to give good results for hemorrhoids. Dip a cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar and apply it to the affected area. It has to be applied thrice or twice a day. You can see the effect of apple cider vinegar within a period of one week.
• Sitz bath, this is another interesting and simple way to shrink hemorrhoids. It involves filling the bath tub with hot water and lowering yourself in the tub. Make sure to not lie down completely and put pressure on the hemorrhoids.
• Even an ordinary bath for about a period of fifteen minutes helps to shrink hemorrhoids.
• If the above simple remedies do not work to shrink hemorrhoids, you can consult a physician who may suggest certain topical applications that shrink hemorrhoids effectively. Certain drugs that are taken internally also work to shrink hemorrhoids.
• Regular intake of horse chestnut is effective in shrinking hemorrhoids.
• Sweet clover which is considered to act on circulatory system and which brings the swollen blood vessels back to normal is helpful to shrink hemorrhoids.
• A procedure that is close to surgical procedures and works to shrink the hemorrhoids is rubber band ligation. In this case, a band is placed around the region of the hemorrhoids. This will slowly cut the blood supply to the region and will results in shrinking of the hemorrhoids which eventually fall within a week.
If you have the history of hemorrhoids, it is essential to take necessary measure to prevent reoccurrence. It is essential to not sit or stand for long hours. Make it a habit to walk for at least five minutes every hour. You can easily implement walking even at your work by moving yourself to get a file or to have a glass of water. If you are suffering from constipation, get rid of the problem immediately to avoid hemorrhoids.
Last Updated on